Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Rocking Chairs, Middle School, and Community

Story time... in list form.

1. during my lunch break today, I popped into Hope Thrift to peruse the merch for an upholsterable (it's my blog, I can make up words) chair.

2. I didn't buy one.  I bought three. Yay!

3. Next, I posted a picture of my cute little rocking chair shoved into my cute little Civic.

4. Immediately, my friend Jill-with-fabulous-taste texts me excitedly with inspiration pics of fun chair projects she's seen.

5. One of those (my favorite one, of course) is a mahogany rocker with THE perfect green and white fabric. I recognize it. It is MY FRIEND FROM MIDDLE SCHOOL's chair! Melissa (who Jill had never even heard of) had been featured on a design blog years ago for her lovely nursery makeover. And of the zillions of chairs posted on the world wide web, THAT is the one Jill picks for me.

6. Rewind a few years: Melissa Barrick, a talented photographer who has started her own very successful business, had sent me words of encouragement when I started this blog endeavor - despite the fact that we had lost touch over the (15!!) years since middle school.

7. I'm sorry, but THAT is neat.

Moral of the story/list?  Community championing one another, near and far, is cool.  And?  That is one awesome rocker.
  

1 comment:

  1. I love you and your incredible gift for seeing the diamonds in the rough. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete