Monday, January 27, 2014

Photoshoot Sneak Peak!

 
What a great weekend!  I'm doing wedding flowers for my sweet friend, Nicki, who also happens to be a talented photographer (check out her work here).  I'd scheduled a meeting on Saturday to show her some mock-ups, and she offered to turn the day into a photoshoot!
 
So I started off my weekend on Friday at 6am, gathering flowers at the wholesale warehouse in Richmond.  It's open Monday through Friday, 6am-2pm.  My office job is Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm. You do the math. 
 
Any of my friends or family could tell you that I'm not a morning person, and I'm definitely not a cold-weather person.  But I found myself humming happily as I walked around scooping up bunches of flowers in that freezing warehouse like a kid in a candy shop (I would've been whistling but, fun fact: I can't).  Think that's a good sign I should pursue this flower thing!
 
Saturday consisted of succulent skewering, flower snipping, bottle spray-painting (in the snow), and bouquet wrapping.  Please note: these photos don't show the hurricane of stems and leaves on the dining room floor.
 
Once I finished up, Nicki came over to check out the mock-ups, and to graciously shoot some photos for my business website-to-be (and by "some" I mean at least 2 million shots because she, too, loves her craft.  And because she's awesome and wants to help me out).  More later on the business-to-be and website-to-be.  But I am p-u-m-p-e-d!
 
Grateful for a joyful weekend.  For the beauty of flowers.  For people who believe in me.  For the ways that the Lord has orchestrated circumstances so I can begin to do what I love.  For the super-kind guy at the wholesale place who helped this newbie navigate, and for the new friend who let me use her wholesale account in the first place.  For Nicki who trusted me so early on with her big day.  And for a restful Sunday after all that excitement. 
 
Can't wait to see the shots from the day and to share them here with you!


 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This is so fantastic Stacie! I'm so excited for you and the business you're building!

    ReplyDelete