Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Before & After!

Here's a sneak peak at my bedroom furniture! Found the entire set on Craig's List for $100... bed, dresser, desk, nightstand, mirror. Woohoo! I even talked 'em down AND eyed the truck in their driveway for delivery to my apartment :)

I thought maybe the original paint could be charming. Nope. In person it was just plain orange-stenciled ugliness. So I threw on some primer and white paint (sounds simple right? Did you know there are 3238272 different shades of "white"?!) And look how pretty! This make-under totally shows off the cool chunky metal pulls... I think those alone would be worth a hundred bucks!

Love me some Craig's List!

6 comments:

  1. Fan-freakin-tastic! Love it! Great work, chica!
    -Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Stacie! You are definitely your mothers daughter! Love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. veryyyyy impressive!!! :) I love it. I have a project for you...I'm trying to learn how to use crackle paint. I sanded and primed and then painted....didn't look so "crackly". Thoughts?! (I feel like I'm writing a dear abby)

    -xtina

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks girls :) Ktin- we'll talk crackle. and life. soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stace! this looks so pottery barn. love your savvy style

    ReplyDelete